click here to find the PDF format for printing
Reports & Meetings
Creative Communication for Kids is an association of therapists working as sole proprietors.
Depending on whom your therapist is, one of the two following paragraphs applies:
You are enrolling for evaluation and/or therapy through the office of Tamaryn Kulman, M.S. CCC/SLP. Only with your permission, may other therapists within the Creative Communication for Kids group be asked to consult regarding your child. Billing will be made and collected only by Tamaryn Kulman. Your treating therapist will be Tamaryn Kulman.
You are enrolling for evaluation and/or therapy through the office of Penni Siemens, M.S. CCC/SLP. Only with your permission, may other therapists within the Creative Communication for Kids group be asked to consult regarding your child. Billing will be made and collected only by Penni Siemens. Your treating therapist will be Penni Siemens.
1. Special arrangements are made to schedule evaluations. Therefore, if it is necessary to cancel, please provide at least 24 hours advance notice. There will be a $70.00 charge if less notice is given.
2. We must receive the completed developmental history, signed policy statement, and any other required forms at least 48 hours prior to your child's evaluation appointment. You may return the forms by mail or fax. Because we need these forms in order to adequately plan and prepare for your child's evaluation, if we do not receive the forms 48 hour prior to the evaluation, the appointment will be automatically cancelled.
3. Please send any previous evaluations done by the school district or other private agencies that may be pertinent to our evaluation and treatment.
We like to work closely with parents and consider your involvement to be vital to the therapy process. We rely on the history and information that you provide to us. Knowing what has already happened with your child and knowing what else your child is currently experiencing enables us to better make appropriate recommendations and plan appropriate treatment. If information about your child's medical/educational history, previous interventions, additional current interventions, or needs are withheld, misrepresented, altered, or admitted, we reserve the right to terminate services.
1. Parents are encouraged to sit in and observe their child's therapy sessions. There is a waiting room where you are welcome to wait as well. If you have other children who are unable to play quietly for the duration of the session, please make other child-care arrangements for them.
2. If you do leave the building during your child's session, you must return at least 10 minutes prior to the end of the session. You must also be sure that your child's therapist has a cell phone number for you and that you will be accessible by cell phone should an emergency arise.
3. Therapy sessions are generally scheduled for one-hour, 50 minutes of which is direct therapy time. The final 10 minutes are reserved for the therapist to write and review your child's homework with you.
4. Please be sure that you notify your therapist prior to the 50-minute mark if you have additional questions or items to discuss, so that time can be saved for that as well. Because we generally have a client scheduled to start right after you leave, all discussions need to be completed during the session time. Even if your therapist has a break, please be respectful that their scheduled break is vital to ensure quality client care for the remainder of the day.
5. Please try to be on time to your child's appointment. If you are late arriving, the session still needs to conclude on time so that the rest of the day's schedule can remain on track. You will be billed for the full session.
6. With the cooperation of our clients and parents, our therapists generally run on-schedule. In the rare event that your therapist is running late, you will be offered the option of your full session time or a pro-rated therapy rate.
1. Regular attendance is essential to your child's progress. Therefore, a 75% attendance rate is required. We reserve the right to terminate services for any client falling below that percentage.
2. Holidays on which the office is closed and cancellations made by your therapist do not count against your attendance rate.
1. Our office has a 24-hour cancellation policy. Please let us know as soon as possible if it is necessary to cancel or re-schedule your child's session. Our therapists try to maintain full schedules. Your advance notice enables us to offer the available appointment time to another client who needs extra therapy or a make-up session. We are happy to try to reschedule your child's appointment whenever possible. There is never a charge for canceling or rescheduling your child's session when adequate notice is provided, as long as you maintain a 75% attendance rate.
2. Late cancellations and no-shows will be billed at the following rates:
Late cancellations (less than 24 hours notice) = 50% of the scheduled session rate
No-shows = 100% of the scheduled session rate
Your appointment is a contract for exclusive use of the therapist's time during that appointment time. No-show and late cancellation fees cover the therapist's reserved time which often goes unused, so these fees will still be charged even if the session is re-scheduled.
3. Cancellations may be made by email or voicemail (we typically check email more frequently), but please be sure that you receive confirmation from your therapist. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice should be made by telephone voicemail (you may always email in addition).
If your child wakes up sick, please call no later than 9:00am on the day of your appointment in order to avoid the late cancellation fee (max. 3 times per year). In order to keep our therapists and other clients from being exposed, please keep your child home for 24 hours after the last occurrence of vomiting, diarrhea, or fever (without medicine). Use your best judgment if your child is sneezing, coughing, or has a drippy nose and is not able to cover a cough or use a Kleenex by him/herself. Consult your therapist if you have any questions.
1. The other professionals in the building appreciate a quiet work environment. There is currently no other business in the building that caters to children. Our stairs, hallways, and floors unfortunately transmit a lot of noise and vibration. Please be courteous and assure that your children walk as much as possible and use inside voices, especially when arriving and leaving the office.
2. Although our bathrooms are just down the hall, please be sure to accompany all young children to the bathroom, as well as those children that are dependent upon assistance or need supervision.
Parents are financially responsible for payment. Sessions are generally billed at the end of the month. If you prefer to pay at each session, please discuss this with your therapist.
We do not accept credit cards; payment is due by check or cash
We do not bill insurance companies directly. Parents pay us directly and then seek reimbursement from their insurance company. We will provide you with a receipt which lists the diagnosis and procedure codes applicable to your child as required by insurance companies. Your insurance company may require additional information such as reports, treatment plans, and regular updates. Not all insurance companies cover pediatric speech therapy. Please check with your insurance company regarding coverage.
REPORTS & MEETINGS
Please provide 3 week's notice when requesting reports or attendance at IEP meetings. If we are given shorter notice, we will try to accommodate your request, but it is less likely that we will be able to do so.